The Department of Electronic Technologies was established to be a scientific and cultural center that provides the community with modern electronic disciplines as well as prepare the graduates to enter the world of work according to its various requirements, which enables them to deal with scientific and practical updates due to the rapid development of electronic and communication technologies.
The Department of Electronic Technology includes four branches:
- Branch of Electronic
- Branch of control devices
- Branch of Computer Technology
- Branch of Medical Devices
The department’s mission is to prepare, qualify and graduate technical staff at the level of technical diploma after a two-year study period after the preparatory certificate in its secondary and vocational branches contribute to meet the needs of the country and the labor market in accordance with the approved international quality standards.
- Training the students on the use of laboratory equipment and modern software to conduct and simulate the practical experiments within the continuous development of curricula and educational programs.
- Preparing qualified and efficient technical staff possessing the technical skill to deal with electronic devices in terms of operation and maintenance to meet the need of the community and work in government departments and the private sector.
Laboratories and workshops in the department:
Digital circuit laboratory.
Computer Networks Laboratory.
Computer Applications Test.
Electronic Circuit Laboratory.
Laboratory of TV and Radio Maintenance.
Laboratory control devices.
- Ahmed Younis Owaid
- Alhan Abd-aljbar Hamid
- Dr. Emad Yacoub Qeryaqos Shaba
- FATEN ABED AL RAAZZQ TAHA
- Fawwaz Nadhim Taher
- Ghazal Khalaf Ali
- Hussein Hammad Hilal Mohammed
- Isam Jasim Hammadi Ahmad
- Khalid Subhi Ahmad
- Majed Gh. Mohamed al-R
- Mohamed Tarik Majeed Taha
- MOHAMMED KHALID YOUSIF SALIH
- RAGHAD GHALIB ALSULTAN
- Rowaid majeed rashid mohammed
- Wadhah Abdulqader Rafeeq Hasan
Researches of teachers:
- Beam steering of Array Antenna with 2-orthogonal-I-shaped Defected
- Defected ground structure for beam steering array antenna applications
- Mutual Coupling Reduction of E-Shaped MIMO Antenna
- Mutual coupling suppression of closely spaced microstrip
Medical Instruments Branch
Objectives of Medical Devices Technology Branch:
1 – Prepare staff with theoretical knowledge and practical skills to enable the operation and maintenance and repair of different medical devices.
2 – The branch works to enable the graduate to understand the theory of work for medical devices and deal with the rapid technological development of this sector.
3 – The branch seeks to prepare graduates with the ability to provide expertise and practical skills to engineers to enrich their theoretical knowledge.
4- The outputs of this branch should be able to operate optimally with the highest efficiency of the medical equipment with the medical staff working on these devices.
5. The graduate has the ability to maintain periodic maintenance records (daily, weekly, yearly) for medical devices used at the work site.
6 – The graduate should have knowledge about the health risks of the use of medical devices and ways to prevent these risks.
Job description of the graduate of the Medical Devices Branch:
The graduate should be able to work in the following fields:
1- Health centers that include laboratory equipment and general medical devices.
2 – The main hospitals that include fixed devices such as digital radios and medical devices in intensive care, in addition to devices in the corridors of patients.
3 – Operations halls that need to analyze and monitor data of medical devices for patients.
4 – Maintenance of medical devices in health institutions in the public and private sectors.
5 – Calibration of medical devices and ensure their validity.
6 – Scientific offices of companies that work in the trade of medical devices.
Feasibility of the introduction of medical devices:
Due to the increase in the number of health centers and hospitals in the public and private sectors, and the need for the labor market for middle technical cadres capable of operating, maintaining and repairing this increasing number of medical devices. Due to the rapid technological development in this sector and the lack of medical equipment specialization in the technical institutes in the geographical location To the formations of the Technical University of North especially and the lack of specialization in Iraq in general, in addition to the missing link of the technical staff of the middle of the outputs of the industry industry of skilled workers in the field of maintenance of medical devices and engineers graduates of the Technical College Department of Medical Devices, For all these reasons, it has become necessary to introduce this section.